You know that segment on Jimmy Kimmel Live when celebrities willingly read aloud some of the ‘mean tweets’ that are written about them?
It made us think. The internet is both a wonderful and horrible place. It’s the go-to place for people to share their love and also their hate.
TripAdvisor is an open journal for travellers. It’s probably the greatest form of user generated content there is, which is why we love it so much. It’s a place where our guests have their say. Even when that can be scary (mean tweets) or great (appraisal and awards), we encourage every Garonga guest to write a review about their stay with us.
Recently, we came across one TripAdvisor review in particular that took us on a roller coaster ride of emotions. Here it is, along with the wild thoughts in our head as we read it for the very first time.
(Disclaimer: to be read with a sense of humour)
The Review of a Lifetime…
I must explain before I review this place that I am the customer from hell and can find fault in EVERYWHERE I STAY!
[Garonga: Oh no. This could take a bad turn…]
I did not want to go on safari and stay in a tent and this was not my idea of a relaxing holiday, until I found Garonga and Little Garonga!
[Garonga: Phew (smiles and giggles)!!!]
I am now converted. I could not fault this place, it is AMAZING. I am totally converted and LOVED every minute, no every second, of this holiday.
[Garonga: CONVERSION. Day is made.]
ALL of the staff are wonderful, thank you so much CJ, Richard, Phineus, Josiah, Loderick, Charlotte, Bernie and the lovely chef who made me mash potato because I am a fussy eater!
[Garonga: Mmm…mashed potatoes. Best comfort food ever!]
You are an example of how to do a job properly. This is hospitality at its best. Anyone who can find fault in this place, shame on you! If you don’t appreciate this lodge then don’t go on safari because it is not for you and perhaps you need to return to Benidorm where you can stay in a nice 3-star hotel!
[Garonga: Haha! So honest and full of personality. We must share this one with the Garonga fam.]
Thank you, guys. From not wanting to embrace a safari holiday, thanks to you I am totally hooked. You have given me memories to last me a lifetime (Julie’s corner!). I can’t wait to come back and see my elephant Lisette.
[Garonga: The customer from hell? No way! Little Lisette won’t go anywhere.]
Keep doing what you do, you are incredible! X
[Garonga: Guests like yourself make this job the best one in the world.]
Did you know….
- We read every TripAdvisor review that you write. So far, we’ve read a total of 364 reviews.
- We strive to reply to every single review. We know writing a review takes time and time is precious so we are grateful for the time spent giving us honest feedback.
- Your review doesn’t only help us to improve our safari experience but future travellers who are researching where to go for their African safari of a lifetime.
- You are clever! The tips and pointers you give to future guests are so…well…helpful. So valuable in fact that we share them on our Facebook page from time to time.
- We were named a TripAdvisor 2017 Travellers’ Choice Award Winner in the top 25 Small Hotels in South Africa. Based on reviews and opinions from millions of travellers, Garonga is in the top 1% of hotels – all thanks to YOU!
- If you’ve stayed with us before and haven’t wrote a review yet, why don’t you? We’d love to be defined by your opinion. Stop by our TripAdivsor page.